UNOPS Internship Programme 2019 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia are now open. UNOPS for supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations. With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners’ needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale. The internship is learning and working opportunity that targets fresh graduates. The intern will assist the ICT Officer to efficiently and effectively manage ICT and support to the Ethiopia operational hub (ETOH). The intern will be exposed to practical learning and working experiences that foster development of his /her path. The Intern will work full time and follow the same working hours as UNOPS employees.
- AFR, ETOH, Ethiopia
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Six months
Must apply for AUC- UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme
Summary of Key Functions:
- ICT management and administration
- Network administration and application management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1.Opportunity to learn and work on efficient and effective ICT management and administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:.
- Participate in the maintenance of inventory of all computer, telecommunication equipment, I/O devices and software existent in the office ensuring compliance with registration and upgrades.
- Effective functioning (installation, operation and maintenance) of all UNOPS hardware equipment and acquisition of hardware supplies.
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
- Installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programs on a timely basis
- Performance of minor repairs on hardware equipment, as required;
- Involve in preventive maintenance of ICT Equipment regularly.
- Advice on project implementation on all activities involving ICT;
Must apply for UNICEF Internship Programme 2019 – United Nation Opportunity
2.Opportunity to learn and work on efficient network administration and application management services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems to ensure that Network Operating Systems support databases, documents, resources and data files;
- Involve in the Installation, upgrading and maintenance of LAN/WAN systems, including applications used in the system;
- Management and maintenance of equipment and applications associated with electronic mail system;
- Monitoring of the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment.
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems.
- On how to ensure UNOPS desktop and network resources protected from malicious virus attacks and work closely with the ICT Officer to deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks.
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Take a regular backup of the servers and restoration as per the established back up procedure.
- Support HoSS, IT Officer and Operations Team with preparation and roll out of the office business continuity management and disaster recovery plan.
- Involve in the maintenance of video conference applications and PABX operations.
- Participate in testing and installation of telecommunications hardware.
- Support to the maintenance of the Regional Office website, Intranet and related websites.
- Support the maintenance of application systems.
3. Opportunity to learn and work on providing support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Staff support on hardware familiarization and maintenance; software applications, file management/maintenance and LAN/WAN systems;
- Developing and coordinating the production of Technical Instruction Document for Training in Basic Computer Studies and training staff.
4. Perform other duties as assigned by the ICT Officer.
Must apply for World Health Organization Internship Program 2019
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Sciences or Computer Sciences is required.
- MCSE, MCITP, A+, CCNA or Equivalent is added advantage.
B. Work Experience
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience.
- Applicants should have graduated from the above stated fields within three (3) years prior to the applications date of the internship.
C. Language Requirements
- Fluency in written and oral English and local language is required.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to acquire new knowledge and being flexible.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to produce quality result in time.
- Demonstrable proficiency in technically providing user support for all typical office Information &Communication Technology Systems – LAN/WAN/WLAN technologies, printers etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide computer solutions covering hardware and software.
- Ability to keep up to date with modern ICT trends
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge-sharing and learning culture in the office
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- 23 July 2019.