Applications are invited for the UNESCO World Youth Conference 2019 in India. The UNESCO MGIEP World Youth Conference on Kindness 2019 will be held in the capital city of India, New Delhi.The first year of the Conference profoundly coincides with the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. This is significant as the pursuit of peace through the practice of truth, nonviolence, compassion, and kindness is Gandhi’s gift to the world.
The first World Youth Fully Funded Conference on Kindness – Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: Gandhi for the Contemporary World is bringing together 100 rigorously selected young leaders, and experts from around the world to expound what inspiration they could draw from Gandhi’s ideas to non-violently transform their societies towards sustainable peace. The UNESCO conference 2019 will be held in New Delhi from August 20-23,2019. Be one of 100 exceptional young leaders from around the world to be a part of the Conference.
Do you have a transformative story of impact to share? UNESCO MGIEP along with partners is calling all passionate, enthusiastic, dedicated and proactive young leaders, influencers, social entrepreneurs, researchers, facilitators, filmmakers, community organizers, activists, volunteers and campaigners who are working to attain the Sustainable Development Goals!
The Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) is UNESCO’s category 1 Research Institute that focuses on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4.7 towards education for building peaceful and sustainable societies across the world. In line with its vision of ‘Transforming Education for Humanity’, the Institute employs the whole-brain approach to education, with programs that are designed to mainstream social and emotional learning in education systems, innovate digital pedagogies and to put youth as global citizens at the center of the 2030 agenda for Sustainable Development
DETAILS FOR WORLD YOUTH CONFERENCE 2019 BY UNESCO:
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization & Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development.
- New Delhi, India
- 4 Days
- August 20-23, 2019
NO. OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Intensive youth-led capacity building workshops to enhance the capacities of youth on social and emotional learning skills and competencies such as empathy, mindfulness, compassion, kindness and critical inquiry through the prism of identity and global issues;
- a generative space consisting of experts panels and TAGe plenary for youth and experts to share and critically engage with the concept of peace through kindness and nonviolence;
- a platform to celebrate inspiring acts of kindness that are effecting change in the world and action programming for youth agency
- New Delhi Youth Declaration on Kindness for the Sustainable Development Goals
- 20, 000 transformative acts of kindness
- 4 short and 1 main TAGe briefs
- 100 trained youth leaders
This is a fully funded international conference in India. All the expenses will be covered for the selected participants.
- A limited number of applicants will receive travel sponsorship, with special preference given to applications from developing countries.
- UNESCO MGIEP will provide Roundtrip Air Tickets between the participants’ nearest airport and New Delhi, India
- Accommodation and Meals. Accommodation and meals will be provided to all selected participants.
- Please note that participants are responsible for their domestic transportation, visa application, and traveler’s insurance.
- If you can cover your roundtrip airfares, please check the box in the application form.
Must Apply for UNITED STATE OF AMERICA ATLAS CORPS FELLOWSHIP 2019
- Are you a youth leader between 18 to 35 years?
- Do you have a remarkable transformative story of an Act of Kindness contributing to global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
- Do you wish to contribute to the global conversation on youth and the SDGs?
- Do you wish to be selected for a high-level panel dialogue with senior leaders and policymakers?
- Do you wish to be selected to be part of an international cohort for training on social and emotional
HOW TO APPLY?
You will need to share the following information as part of the application process, so please keep at hand:
- Your contact details and personal information
- A 3-minute video explaining why we should choose you! Please upload this as a private video to
YouTube and share the private link with us in the application form
- APPLY for the Conference
- Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be informed of the selection results via email in first
week of July 2019
- Age: 18 to 35 years as on August 1, 2016
- Kindness story: a powerful kindness story on SDGs
- Area of expertise: working on SDGs, especially SDG 4.7, education, social and emotional learning, ESD, GCED, peace education, non-violence, youth engagement, policy influence, peace and conflict resolution, and related fields and be able to show evidence of achievements
- Demonstrate: prior experience of participating in policy engagement, social action projects, innovative education projects, and campaigns, and interest in peacebuilding, nonviolence, and SDGs, either in youth, community or workplace settings.
- Active: must be actively/currently involved in the ‘area of profession/expertise
- Available: must be available for active and engaging online discussion starting June 10, 2019, and to do an online course on SEL from July 10, 2019
- Influential: Highly influential and able to mobilize grassroots youth and community stakeholders in hundreds for acts of kindness. The selection to be part of the 100, and most importantly, the high-level panel speakers will be on the basis of how much an applicant has mobilized fellow youth in his or her community
- Diversity: Geographic, gender, age, and sector diversity will be considered
- June 30, 2019.