Applications are now open for the UNESCO Arab World Heritage Professionals Forum 2019 in Tunis, Tunisia. The Arab World Heritage Young Professionals Forum will take place from 2 to 6 December 2019. This year 38 participants will be selected for the United Nations youth forum. The duration of the fully-funded international youth forum is 5 days.
The UNESCO Arab youth forum 2019 is a fully funded world heritage forum. All expenses related to the participation in the Forum will be covered (including transportation – economy class, meals and accommodation for the duration of the Forum).
The aim of the UN Forum is to engage and empower youth in the Arab States region in their critical roles as global citizens towards peacebuilding, through the protection, preservation, and promotion of World Heritage.
The Forum will enhance the participants’ understanding of the World Heritage Convention; enable them to exchange on the challenges faced in the Arab States in relation to heritage, and discuss how culture can be leveraged to contribute to a future of peace for the region. In addition to building a peer network of like-minded individuals committed to this common goal, the young professionals will be encouraged to create an action plan and design projects/activities towards local communities, by applying the knowledge and skills acquired during the Forum.
For More Scholarships and Jobs Opportunities visit Opportunities Map
DETAILS OF UNESCO ARAB WORLD HERITAGE FORUM 2019:
- Tunisia (Country)
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. (Organization)
- Tunis (Location)
- 5-Days (Duration)
- 2 to 6 December 2019 in Tunis, Tunisia (Dates)
All expenses related to the participation in the Forum will be covered, including
- Transportation – economy class
OBJECTIVES AND EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
The Forum will adopt an inclusive, multi-disciplinary and participatory approach across youth, heritage, peacebuilding, and communications, to:
- Enhance the knowledge of the World Heritage Convention among the participants, and strengthen a shared sense of belonging and ownership of heritage to foster peacebuilding;
- Enable the participants to exchange on the challenges faced in the Arab States in relation to heritage, and discuss how culture can be leveraged to contribute to a future of peace for the region;
- Develop a dynamic network of young people that create change and positive impact in their communities using heritage as a channel of peace.
In terms of expected outcomes, the participants will prepare an action plan on how World Heritage can contribute to peacebuilding in the Arab States region. In addition, they are expected to create projects/activities geared towards local communities, by applying the knowledge and skills acquired during the Forum.
Participants are expected to:
- have relevant experience in the field of World Heritage; and be working on protection, preservation, and promotion of heritage in their regular activities;
- be working in and/or demonstrate an interest in the promotion of peace;
- be citizens of one of the 19 countries in the Arab States region;
- be between 23 and 32 years of age on the date of application;
- be fluent in English;
- be motivated and committed to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their
- be available for the entire duration of the Forum;
APPLY FOR THE INTERNATIONAL YOUTH PROFESSIONALS FORUM 2019?
All interested candidates are invited to complete the online application form. Please note that candidates are also requested to attach their CVs, along with the application form.
Gender and geographical diversity will be taken into account when making the selection of the participants, along with the diversity of professional backgrounds and experience. The selected applicants will be informed in the second half of October.
For any questions regarding the Forum and/or any difficulties encountered during the application process, kindly contact Ms. Ines Yousfi, at the following email: email@example.com
- Last date for the submission of online application for UNESCO Arab World Heritage Professionals Forum 2019 is 3 October 2019.