The Schlumberger Foundation Fellowships 2020 is now open for applications. The Schlumberger Foundation fully funded fellowships are offered to women who want to do Ph.D. or Post Doctorate in STEM ( Physical Sciences, Engineering, Technology, and related disciplines) Fields in any best University in the World.
The program’s long-term goal is to generate conditions that result in more women pursuing scientific careers by lowering the barriers women face when entering STEM disciplines, thus reducing the gender gap. Faculty for the Future Fellows are expected to return to their home countries after completion of their studies to contribute to economic, social and technological advancement by strengthening the STEM teaching and research faculties of their home institutions. They can also make contributions in the public sector where their newly acquired technical and scientific skills can help provide evidence-based support for STEM policymaking. In so doing, they become powerful role models and help to inspire other girls and women to pursue scientific careers.
The Schlumberger Foundation is accepting new applications for the 2020–2021 Faculty for the Future Fellowships from September 5th to November 7th, 2019. The Faculty for the Future program, launched in 2004, awards fellowships to women from developing and emerging economies to pursue Ph.D. or Post-doctoral research in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) at leading universities worldwide.
The initial duration of the grant is for one academic year. The renewal of the grant is not automatic but is subject to academic progress, quality of references (a reference from host university supervisor is mandatory) and the discretion of the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future program renewal process.Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual costs for eligible expenses up to a maximum of USD 50,000 per year for a Ph.D. and maximum of USD 40,000 per year for a Post-doc and may be renewed through to completion of studies. Renewal grants are subject to performance, self-evaluation, recommendations from supervisors and strong evidence of re-integration plans in the home country.
For More Scholarships and Jobs Opportunities visit Opportunities Map
- Schlumberger Foundation (Foundation)
- Ph.D. or Post Doctorate (Course Level)
WHAT DISCIPLINES ARE ELIGIBLE?
Eligible applicants are preparing for Ph.D. or post-doctoral study in STEM and related fields or cross-disciplinary studies involving the major STEM fields. Awards in the biological sciences are limited. Please see the following link http://www.facultyforthefuture.net/content/about-faculty-future-program (there is a PDF file with Examples of Typical Disciplines Awarded on the right-hand column of this page).
Must Apply for, University of Adelaide Scholarships 2020 – Study in Australia
Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual expenses to be incurred by the student only.
- This typically includes university tuition and bench fees, accommodation costs and a living allowance (e.g., food, a small allowance for books and supplies, medical insurance, childcare, transport costs) in addition to a budget for initial travel to the host country, visa charges as well as conference expenses.
- Grants can be up to USD 50,000 per year for Ph.D. courses and a maximum of USD 40,000 for post-doc research programs.
- In addition, and at the discretion of the Schlumberger Foundation, an exceptional childcare grant may be awarded (per eligible child) to a grantee when certain conditions are met. These conditions are provided in the financial section of the application form.
Northeast Agricultural University Scholarships in China 2019 – Fully Funded
You are eligible if:
- you are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy. You are not eligible to apply if you hold secondary citizenship from a developed country. (N.B. If you have been awarded a Faculty for the Future grant and after the award, you obtain citizenship of a developed country, the grant will be discontinued as of the date of such additional citizenship);
- you are preparing for Ph.D. or postdoctoral studies in the physical sciences, engineering and related disciplines (see the http://www.facultyforthefuture.net/ web site for some examples of typical disciplines awarded). Awards in biological sciences are limited to interdisciplinary research between physical and biological sciences. The Faculty for the Future program does not fund Master level studies;
- you are currently enrolled, have been admitted to or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where an individual has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich Ph.D. the final degree must be awarded by the Host University abroad (i.e., not from the home country university);
- have a proven track record of teaching experience;
- hold an excellent academic record;
- can demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach programs to encourage young women to pursue studies in the sciences
- are willing to contribute to the socio-economic development of your home country and region by strengthening the faculties in your home universities, pursuing relevant research, or using your scientific expertise to address public policy matters.
- Schlumberger employees are not eligible to apply for Faculty for the Future grants.
Apply for OIST Internship in Japan 2020 – Fully Funded Program
APPLY FOR SCHLUMBERGER FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIPS?
If you are a New Applicant and believe you meet all the eligibility criteria, please register below for an account. New applications will be accepted from September 5th to November 7th, 2019 for the 2020 Fellowships.
The Username is the one generated by the system when the applicant submitted her application. Please check your mailbox – including Spam or Junk box – for the Username and Password).
Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2019 in New York – Fully Funded
The selection process includes five rounds:
- First Round: Is based on compliance with eligibility criteria such as country of origin, discipline and overall quality of the application. Non-compliant applications are eliminated.
- Second Round: The first shortlist is reviewed based on the scoring of the following criteria:
- academic performance
- quality of references
- The scientific interest of research proposal
- commitment to teaching
- The relevance of research to home country
- commitment to inspiring young woman to pursue studies in the sciences
- quality of host country university
Apply Now for Reach Oxford Scholarship 2019 in UK – Undergraduate Students
- Third Round: The second shortlist is reviewed by the Schlumberger Foundation scientific committee with a focus on the quality of research proposal, scientific interest and relevance to the home country.
- Fourth Round: The final shortlist of candidates is interviewed by telephone by members of the Schlumberger Foundation Board of Directors and Executive Management.
- Final Round: Selection of grant recipients by Schlumberger Foundation Board of Directors.
- November 7th, 2019.