Calls for the applications of Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) 2019 in Netherlands. The Leiden University Scholarship will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University Master’s degree, with the exception of students applying for a Master program for which a specified previous Master program or work experience is mandatory (e.g. LLM advanced studies programs).
The Netherlands Scholarship is for excellent non-EEA/non-EFTA* students joining a full-time Leiden University Master’s degree program, and for excellent students of all nationalities joining an LLM Advanced Studies program or the Master’s in International Relations & Diplomacy.
Leiden University is a public research university in Leiden, Netherlands. Founded n 1575 by William, Prince of Orange, leader of the Dutch Revolt in the Eighty Years’ War, it is the oldest university in the Netherlands.
For More Scholarships and job Opportunities visit Opportunities Map
DETAILS FOR LEIDEN UNIVERSITY EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP :
- Netherlands (University)
- Leiden University (Country)
- Master’s Degree Programs (Course Level)
Must Apply for Malaysian International Scholarship 2020 – Malaysian Government
Leiden University is offering Scholarship for International Students in the following study areas:
- Governance and Global Affairs
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Interfacultair Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding
- Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON)
- African Studies Centre,
- International Institute for Asian Studies
Must Apply for Commonwealth Scholarships UK in 2020 – Fully Funded
The LExS Master’s Degree Scholarship is awarded for the duration of the study program. There are three available levels of awards:
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
The LExS is not a full scholarship. Non-EEA LExS recipients must still submit ‘proof of sufficient funds’ for their student visa/residence permit application.
Must apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2020 – Masters & PhD
- Non-EEA/Non-EFTA* students / Exception: All nationalities for LLM Advanced Studies programmes & MSc Int. Relations and Diplomacy
1) NATIONALITY REQUIREMENTS
- For non-EEA/non-EFTA* nationals who are applying for a Master’s program at Leiden University:
- with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) programs, which do not participate in LExS
- see additional note for UK students below
- For students of all nationalities applying for an LLM Advanced Studies program, or the MSC in International Relations and Diplomacy.
*EEA/EFTA: All EU countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland
2. ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- Students must have achieved excellent academic results in their previous study programme(s), which must be relevant to the Master’s programme for which they are applying. As an indication, the student is amongst the top 10% of graduates in his/her previous study programme. Note that proof of ranking is not required – this information is purely to indicate the level of competitiveness
3) APPLICATION CONDITIONS
Applicants must have a ton-EEA/non-EFTA* passport and may not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (Studiefinanciering) – with the exceptions of students applying for the programs listed below, for which no nationality restrictions apply:
- All LLM Advanced Studies programs
- MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy
See the special note for UK students** above.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship – International Students
Students who are granted a LExS must comply with, and confirm in writing, their agreement with the Rules and Regulations attached to the scholarship prior to the awarding of the scholarship.
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University Master’s degree, with the exception of students applying for a Master program for which a specified previous Master program or work experience is mandatory (e.g. LLM advanced studies programs).
- It is not possible to combine the LExS with another scholarship financed by Leiden University.
- It is not possible to combine the LExS with another full scholarship from an external provider. Students are obliged to notify the scholarships department if they receive a full scholarship from another source. In some circumstances, the LExS may be combined with a partial scholarship from an external provider. Contact the Scholarships Team for further details.
APPLY FOR NETHERLAND SCHOLARSHIPS?
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s program at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a PDF file of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study program and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
- The faculty selection committees will nominate Leiden University Excellence Scholarship recipients and inform the Scholarships Team, up to 6 weeks after the LExS deadline.
- The Scholarships Team will notify all LExS applicants of the decisions:
- At the end of November – for the February intake.
- At the end of April – for the September intake.
- Programs starting Feb: 1 Oct 2019
- Programmes starting Sept: 1 Feb 2020 / Exception – LLM Advanced Studies programmes: 1 March