JAUW International Fellowship Program for Non-Japanese Women in Japan, 2019. Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is inviting applications for International Fellowships
Call for applications for the JAUW International Fellowship Program 2019 in Japan. The object of the Japan fellowship program is to allow promising researchers/graduate students in any field to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute etc. in Japan.
The fellowships allows promising researchers/graduate students in any field to spend a period of time in residence in a graduate/research institute etc. in Japan. The period of stay in Japan under this program is between September 2018 and March 2019 for 4 to 6 months. The program cannot be extended in all events.
INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM 2019:
- The Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW)
- The period of stay in Japan under this award is for 4 to 6 months between October 2019 and March 2020.
- The program will allow maximum of 2 recipients, each winning between Yen 500,000 and up to Yen1,000,000 to support transportation to and from Japan and cost for her stay in Japan.
- You must arrange own accommodation yourself with a help by your supervisor in Japan.
- You must engage in the proposed study/research for which the grant is awarded
- You must submit a written summary report of 500 to 700 words by the end of the funding period
- You will be asked to make an oral presentation on your research/study report toward the end of the funding period at a meeting to be held by JAUW,
- You should refer to JAUW support as acknowledgment when you publish research results obtained during this program.
- When you need to change your initial schedule due to unforeseen or unavoidable reasons, you have to get a prior written approval from the JAUW President.
- Any serious delay in the official procedure such as delay in the issuing of your visa, despite no fault on your side, may result in the cancellation of the grant.
- Applicants must be of non-Japanese women in the age below 45.
- Applicants must live outside Japan at the time of application.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree or above.
- Applicants need to identify an institution/university in Japan where to conduct research. They need to have contacted and obtained a consent from a host at the identified institution/university before application.
- Applicants have to answer the financial aid questionnaire (in Application Form Part 1), related to other fellowship applications.
- Applicants have to give a brief account of the use of this fellowship (e.g.: tuition including entrance fee, if any, and transportation expenses).
- Applicants should understand that the program cannot be extended in all events.
- 5 copies of Application Form Part 1 (Personal Data)
- 5 copies of Application Form Part 2 (Proposal & Related Data)
- letters (⇒see No.6 of Application Form Part 1) from three different individuals. Each letter should be signed by the writer and enclosed in a sealed and signed envelope.
- A letter of acceptance/confirmation/ invitation (referred to as a letter of Acceptance), written by your host supervisor or collaborator of your study/research in Japan. The original letter of Acceptance is required. No pdf file is accepted.
- A medical certificate of health issued by a qualified medical doctor stating in English that you are healthy enough to conduct your study in Japan for the proposed period.
- A photo, 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm, of yourself to be put on one of the Application Form Part 1.
HOW TO APPLY FOR JAUW INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM 2019?
To apply, you have to use the designated forms, downloadable from here :
- 2019 Application Form Part 1 (Personal Data), (pdf) & word (docx)
- 2019 Application Form Part 2 (Proposal & Related Data), (pdf) & word (docx)
- 2019 Form of a Letter of Acceptance (pdf) & word (docx)
(Be sure to ask your host professor etc. to use this form when writing a Letter of Acceptance. Other forms shall not be accepted.
- 2019 Form of Certificate of Health, (pdf)
Send the application documents to the following address:
NOTE: They do not accept applications by e-mail. Applications sent by e-mail will never be reviewed.
- The last date to apply for JAUW International Fellowship Program 2019 in Japan is March 31, 2019.