Applications are now open for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2020 in the UK. The Cambridge University Scholarship is available for international students to study masters or Ph.D. in the Uk. The aim of the Gates Scholarship Program is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university.
For 2020 entry, Gates Cambridge will offer 80 full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to Ph.D. students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
- United Kingdom (Country)
- University of Cambridge (University)
- Ph.D. (Doctoral Programs)
- MSc/MLitt (Master’s Program)
- One year postgraduate course
COURSES WHICH ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CAMBRIDGE SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Must Apply for World Youth Forum 2019 in Egypt – Fully Funded
A scholarship for international students will cover the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding. It covers the following costs:
- the University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate*
- a maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,500 for 12 months at the 2020-21 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for Ph.D. scholars the award is for up to 4 years
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
Apply, Salamti Fellowship Program 2019 for 7 Days – Fully Funded
The Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2020-21 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
Also, Chevening South Asia Journalism Fellowship 2019 – United Kingdom
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge International Scholarship 2020 if you are:
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- One year postgraduate course
HOW TO APPLY?
- Outstanding intellectual ability
- Reasons for the choice of course
- A commitment to improving the lives of others
- Leadership potential
Applications for October 2020 entry will open in early September 2019.
Round 1: US citizens living in the USA only
- Applicants in this round must apply by 9 October 2019 for entry in October 2020.
Round 2: All other eligible applicants
- Dependent on your course – either 3 December 2019 or 7 January 2020