Applications are invited for the European Union Traineeship Program 2019 For Pakistani Graduates. The duration of the Funded Traineeship for the Young Graduates at the EU Delegation to Pakistan is 6 months. The European Union (EU) has a long tradition of offering paid traineeship opportunities in EU Delegations around the world.
The PTC Section supports the Ambassador in his mandate to promote the EU-Pakistan relations, including coordinating bilateral high-level visits, ensuring EU coordination on political and trade issues and contributing to reporting on political, economic and trade matters, besides managing public diplomacy activities.
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about the work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Pakistan?
TRAINEESHIP PROGRAM DETAILS:
- European Union to Pakistan
- 06 Months
- Starting in July 2019 (or earlier if feasible)
Also, Apply for United State Fully Funded Fellowship Program 2020– Fully Funded
Traineeship in EU Delegations should have the following main objectives:
- To provide trainees with a unique experience about the daily work of an EU Delegation while learning about the representation of the EU interests and values outside of the EU;
- To offer trainees the possibility of discovering directly the multicultural, multilingual and multi-ethnic working environment of a Delegation;
- To offer trainees the possibility of applying the knowledge acquired during their studies or their early professional life;
- To create a group of young people with direct experience in the work of the EU outside of its borders and who could become future collaborators of the EEAS or other EU Institutions;
- A traineeship of 6 months within the Political, Trade and Communication (PTC) Section of the EU Delegation to Pakistan.
- Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses
Note: All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
- Pakistani or EU Member State national (or dual national) holding a long term valid resident status in Pakistan
- Young graduates
- Have at least a Bachelor Diploma
- Maximum one year of professional experience – no previous experience in the EU Institutions longer than 6 weeks
Additional requirements that would be an asset:
- Excellent drafting and communication skills in English and Urdu;
- Degree or studies in mass communication or journalism;
- Studies in European Affairs (postgraduate course, thesis, etc.)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address: DELEGATION-PAKISTAN-INTERNS@eeas.europa.eu
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in an EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – PTC
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)