Application are now accepted for the EPFL Summer Research Program 2020 in Switzerland. The duration of the summer training in Switzerland is 2 months. The fully-funded summer school in Switzerland will run from July 4th to August 29th, 2019. EPFL summer internship is one of the best summer research programs in the world. Students come with all kinds of backgrounds, but you should have at least a few mainstream Life Science Students from any part of the world studying at any university can apply for this amazing opportunity.
The EPFL Summer Research Program (SRP) enrolls students who have finished two years of a Bachelor’s degree up to the first year of a Master’s degree. The Summer Research Program is a fully-funded research program. There is no application fee. There is no restriction on nationality. Swiss students can also apply for the 2020 summer school.
The participants will have a great chance to experience the beautiful culture and food of Switzerland. Students will involve social activities, including a day hike to Swiss alps with raclette, BBQ at professors home and an excursion to the CERN.
EPFL SUMMER RESEARCH PROGRAM 2020 DETAILS:
- Country: Switzerland
- Institute: Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
SUMMER SCHOOL DATES:
- July 8th to August 29th, 2020
The EPFL Summer Program is Free. There is no program fee.
- Each student receives CHF 3,200 for the two-month period which covers housing and living costs.
- Housing is reserved and paid for out of the stipends beforehand.
- Students are housed together either in Lausanne or Geneva depending on a lab assignment.
- Students have either single rooms or double rooms and share a kitchen and bathroom facilities with their fellow SRP participants.
- The majority of travel costs to and from Switzerland are covered. The program reimburses up to CHF 1,000 for overseas flights and CHF 500 for shorter distances
SUMMER PROGRAM FEATURES:
- 25 participants each summer
- 8 weeks of lab experience
- Mentoring by faculty and scientific staff
- Access to scientific seminars
- Science-related Friday afternoon workshops
- Closing symposium with poster sessions from all participants
- A rich program of social activities, including a day hike to Swiss alps with raclette, BBQ at professors home and an excursion to the CERN
- be enrolled in a university in biology, biophysics, chemistry, bio-engineering, bio-informatics, quantitative biology, genetics courses or a similar life sciences program
- have a minimum of GPA equivalent to a 3.75/4.0 grade or higher
- have completed at least two years of undergraduate work up to the first year of a master’s degree
- show a strong interest in pursuing a career in life sciences
The selection is based upon
- Your CV (1-2 pages)
- Your motivation letter (maximum 750 words)
- The explanation of lab choices (2-3 sentences per lab)
- University transcript or school official list of classes and grades
- Two letters of recommendation
- Basic life sciences background is essential; previous lab experience is a plus
APPLY FOR EPFL SUMMER RESEARCH PROGRAM 2020 IN SWITZERLAND?
Please submit your online application, including pdf uploads of all the above-mentioned documents. Only applications with the full application material will be taken into consideration.
ATTENTION: Prepare all your documents (CV, Motivation Letter, Lab Explanations, Transcripts) and contact details for your 2 referees (name, institution, and email address) in advance. Once you begin your application, you must finish it in one sitting.
YOU CANNOT SAVE IT and COME BACK.
- The last date to apply for the EPFL Summer Research Program 2020 in Switzerland is January 31st, 2020.