Application are now open for the fully funded CERN Administrative Student Programme 2020 in Switzerland. The 2019 CERN Administrative Programme will be held in Geneva, Switzerland and the training period is 2 to 12 months. Only undergraduate and master’s students from a CERN Member or Associate Member State can apply for CERN international internship Program 2020. The selected students will get training in the world-famous organization and center of scientific excellence.
CERN administrative Program is a fully-funded internship program. CERN’s intern will get a monthly allowance, health insurance, travel allowance, family allowance (If you are married and/or have children) and 2,5 days of paid leave per month.
For More Scholarships and Jobs Opportunities visit Opportunities Map
DETAILS FOR THE CERN ADMINISTRATIVE STUDENT PROGRAMME:
FIELDS AVAILABLE FOR STUDY:
- Human resources
- advanced secretarial work
- Business administration
- Library and information science
- Engineering management
- Science communication
- Communication and public relations
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME:
- 2 to 12 Months CERN Internship
BENEFITS OF THE CERN ADMINISTRATIVE STUDENT PROGRAMME:
- A contract of association from 2 to 12 months.
- An allowance of 3305 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- A travel allowance.
- Depending on your personal circumstances, a supplement if you are married and/or have children.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (the contribution will be automatically deducted from your allowance).
2,5 days of paid leave per month.
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State (home.cern/about/member-states).
- You should have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master’s) specializing in an administrative field at the time of the next student committee taking place on December 2019.
- You can stay for at least 2 and at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student.
- We advise you to opt for the longest period possible to make the most of it and increase your chances of being selected!
- You have a good knowledge of English OR French.
- You will need the following documents, clearly labeled (e.g. “CV”, “Motivation letter”, “Academic transcript”, etc.) and in PDF format to complete your application:
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure there is no protection so that we can open it).
- A reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory. Should you have a letter of reference from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference.
- You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand.
- You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially.
- Note: this must be done before the closing date.
- Make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR CERN ADMINISTRATIVE STUDENT PROGRAMME?
Click on the Apply Now button to proceed to the CERN Administrative Student Program Application Form. Please only upload the required documents for this position and ensure the good/readable quality of those. Please also ensure correct labeling of your documents when uploading them.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR THE APPLICANTS:
- The top one is: don’t rush it!
- Ensure your CV is complete with all skills and experience that make you stand out as a candidate.
- Be as clear and specific as possible in the application fields “Education” and “Experience” in order to increase your chances of being selected. Also included in this section all the specific skills (e.g. programming languages, hardware, databases, etc.) that you have acquired that will support your application.
- If you apply to more than one job, you will need to upload the documents for each application you submit.
- And last but not least, make good use of the ‘Motivation’ section to tell us why you’re a great candidate for CERN!
- The process also comprises a number of questions, which we recommend you answer with due care. We notably encourage you to pay particular attention to the motivation and education/experience field.
The last date for the CERN Administrative Student Programme is 21 October 2019, in Switzerland.