Application are now accepting for volunteers for the Beijing 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. The Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games will be hosted from 4 to 20 February 2022 and the Paralympic Winter Games 4 to 13 March 2022. Games volunteers are expected to provide services before, during and after the Games. The specific service dates and times will be based on the positions. To attract talent from all over the world for a fantastic, extraordinary and excellent Games, Beijing 2022 starts its global recruitment of Games volunteers on 5 December 2019. There is no registration fee for Beijing 2022 volunteer applications. People from all over the world are welcome to join the Beijing 2022 Volunteer Programme.
The Beijing Organising Committee for the 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (Beijing 2022) is committed to a green, inclusive, open and clean approach to hosting the Beijing 2022 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (Games). Beijing 2022 will recruit 27,000 Games volunteers for the Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games and 12,000 for the Beijing 2022 Paralympic Winter Games.
Games volunteers are divided into two broad categories: general and specialist volunteers. Specialist volunteers are those who have professional knowledge, skills and expertise in a given area including language, medical or driving services. Non-specialist volunteers are general volunteers.
Games volunteers will provide services at/for the opening and closing ceremonies, competition and/or other events of the Games at venues or facilities in the Beijing, Yanqing, or Zhangjiakou competition zones. The work areas open for volunteering include international relations, competition operations, press operations, and broadcasting, venue operations, marketing, human resources, technology, cultural programs, logistics, security, and transport, etc.
BEIJING 2022 OLYMPIC AND PARALYMPIC WINTER GAMES DETAILS:
- Country: China
DATES AND TIMES OF THE VOLUNTEER SERVICE:
- Beijing 2022 Olympic Winter Games: 4 to 20 February 2022
- Paralympic Winter Games: 4 to 13 March 2022
Games volunteers are divided into two broad categories:
- General Volunteers: Non-specialist volunteers are general volunteers.
- Specialist Volunteers: Specialist volunteers are those who have professional knowledge, skills and expertise in a given area including language, medical or driving services.
AREAS OF VOLUNTEERING:
Games volunteers will provide services at/for the opening and closing ceremonies, competition and/or other events of the Games at venues or facilities in the Beijing, Yanqing, or Zhangjiakou competition zones.
The work areas open for volunteering include:
- International Relations
- Competition Operations
- Press Operations and Broadcasting
- Venue Operations
- Human Resources
- Cultural Programs
- and Transport, etc.
Individuals who meet all of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Must abide by Chinese laws and regulations, be willing to serve the Games on a voluntary basis, and accept the guidance and supervision of Beijing 2022;
- Must be minimum 18 years old on 1 January 2022 (born on or before 1 January 2004), and be in good health;
- Must have the knowledge and skills required for their positions;
- Must be able to effectively communicate in Chinese and/or English; and
- Must be able to participate in all required training and provide volunteering services for the Games.
Favorable consideration will be given to applicants who:
- Will serve as a volunteer for the “Experience Beijing” Test Events;
- Will serve as a volunteer for both the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games;
- Have a considerable level of professional knowledge and expertise in areas including translation and interpretation, medical services, driving, and technology; or
- Will fill in volunteer positions that solve urgent needs that may arise in Games operations.
HOW TO BE A VOLUNTEER FOR THE BEIJING 2022 OLYMPIC AND PARALYMPIC WINTER GAMES?
The application opens on 5 December 2019 and will close at 24:00 on 30 June 2021 Beijing Time. All applicants are requested to register and apply to the Beijing 2022 Volunteer Application Portal.
1) Individual Applicants:
Individual applicants are requested to register in their real name as it appears on a valid identity document, which may be, but not limited to, the Resident Identity Card of the People’s Republic of China, Passport, Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents, and Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents. They are also requested to fill in true and accurate personal information and submit applications online according to the instructions on the portal.
Individual applicants who are not able to access the portal may apply through correspondence with Beijing 2022 or at the public engagement and communications outlets established by relevant organizations authorized/designated by Beijing 2022.
2) Group Applicants:
Group applicants will apply through the organizations authorized/designated by Beijing 2022. These organizations will help such applicants to register and apply for volunteering on the portal.
Clearance and Selection
- Eligibility clearance. Beijing 2022 or it’s authorized/designated organizations will screen the eligibility of applicants.
- Test and selection. Beijing 2022 or it’s authorized/designated organizations will select applicants through on-site or remote tests.
- Pre-assignment. While taking into consideration the applicants’ own preferences, Beijing 2022 or it’s authorized/designated organizations will assign the applicants to specific roles and positions, specify the starting date and communicate all relevant details.
- Letter of Offer. Beijing 2022 will send a Letter of Offer to those selected as Games volunteers. The recruitment of Games volunteers will be completed by 30 September 2021.
- Start of Service. With the Letter of Offer and a valid ID, Games volunteers will be required to go to the designated venue at a designated time for training. They will be requested to sign the Letter of Commitment and then receive their accreditation, uniform, and other supplies, and commence their volunteer service.
- The application period starts from 5 December 2019 and concludes at 24:00, 30 June 2021, Beijing Time.