Applications are invited for the Amnesty International Youth Task Force 2019 in London, United Kindom. The fully funded workshop in London will be held from October 28-October 30, 2019. The Youth Task Force will consist of a group of up to 15 youth leaders aged 18-24 from both within the Amnesty International movement but also from outside (external) organizations and partners. Two participants will be selected from within Amnesty’s existing Global Youth Collective.
Amnesty is in the process of designing a new global strategy to become a bigger, bolder, and more inclusive movement. The design process will be rolled out until Amnesty’s Global Assembly in July 2020 and facilitated by the Global Strategy & Impact Programme (GSIP) at the International Secretariat. The process will involve hearing from a wide range of stakeholders to help inform Amnesty International’s future direction. The Youth Task Force will be one of the key groups to help translate the results of the global consultation into Amnesty’s new strategy.
The purpose of the Youth Task Force is to refresh Amnesty’s broad theory of change – working through the approaches and the tactics it must deploy to achieve change. Using the feedback received in earlier phases of the design process, the Youth Task Force will propose models and options to guide Amnesty International’s long-term influencing strategy. The Task Force will also work collaboratively with other internal groups to help guide the drafting of Amnesty’s new global strategy.
DETAILS OF AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL YOUTH TASK FORCE 2019:
- United Kingdom
- Amnesty International
Must Apply For 44 PH.D POSITIONS IN SYSTEMS MEDICINE 2019 AT MILAN ITALY
- October 28-October 30, 2019
The fully funded Amnesty International Youth Conference 2019 will cover all the cost of the selected participants.
- The Global Strategy & Impact Programme of Amnesty International will arrange and provide travel and accommodation costs for the Youth Task Force members.
- This includes visa costs, necessary travel costs, and accommodation in London for 3 nights. Additionally, a per diem of £44 will be provided for each workshop day.
Must Apply For CHURCHILL FELLOWSHIP FOR UK CITIZENS 2020 – FULLY FUNDED
- 50% of participants will be selected from inside the Amnesty International movement (existing members or volunteers) and 50% of participants from other organizations or social movements. The group will be diverse and be selected from across a variety of identities, backgrounds, and regions.
- Practical experience (in any shape and form) of campaigning for human rights or social change – including around movement organizing and mobilization, advocacy, partnership building, communications or research.
- Skills: creativity, ability to think globally (connecting local and global dimensions of movement organizing), passionate about social change, leadership skills
For applicants internal to Amnesty we also welcome experience of being active in or having exposure to other organizations/movements for social change.
- Ability to engage in approximately 3 interpreted preparatory meetings and in spaces online (around 5 hours) between July-October 2019 and as the design process evolves, the Task Force might be called upon at further moments for between October 2019 and July 2020.
- Ability to travel and participate in a 3-day workshop in London, the United Kingdom from October 28-October 30, 2019 (costs of travel, accommodation, per diem, and visa will be covered)
- Candidates must be between 18-24 for the submission deadline of July 4, 2019.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL YOUTH WORKSHOP 2019?
- Send us a short video (2-minute maximum) or cover letter (one-page max) – in your preferred language – telling us your ideas on what type of organization Amnesty should be in 2035. Introduce yourself – education, experience, etc. Sending a CV is optional. We will translate your application to English, but if you are comfortable in English, please apply in English. However, this will not affect the application process.
- Endorsement letter from an organization/ person who can explain why you are a suitable candidate.
- Candidates that are already involved with Amnesty can do this by getting an endorsement letter from the Director of the relevant Amnesty International section/structure/national office. International Members can get an endorsement letter through their contact in the Amnesty Global Supporter Engagement Team.
If you interested in this opportunity, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Do not hesitate to approach Dennis Bednar (email@example.com) if you have any questions or comments.
- The Youth Task Force will be selected by a member of Amnesty’s International Board, one representative from Amnesty’s Youth Collective, a member of the Global Strategy team, and Amnesty’s Global Youth Manager.
- July 4, 2019.