Applications are now open for AUC- UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme 2019. The fully funded UNDP fellowship for Africans and 20 young African women will be selected who are ready to take up a fellowship assignment for 12 months starting from October 2019.
This exciting partnership aims to build a new generation of young African women leaders and experts to serve Africa and the world in designing and implementing development programs in the context of the SDGs and Agenda 2063.
Do you want to fight poverty and ensure sustainable development? Do you want to work to advance the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals? Do you want to lead change and develop your skills to do so? If so, They invite you to apply to the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme – a partnership between the African Union Commission (AUC) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Must apply for UNICEF Internship Programme 2019 – United Nation Opportunity
- The United States of America
- UNDP at Headquarters in New York or in a regional or country office
FELLOWSHIP BENEFITS/FINANCIAL SUPPORT:
- The Fellowship Programme will cover expenses related to travel and medical insurance. In addition, each Fellow will be paid a stipend to cover accommodation and living costs at the respective duty station.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme offers an interesting assignment with UNDP at Headquarters in New York or in a regional or country office.
Following a joint induction by AUC and UNDP, Fellows will work under the supervision and coaching of an experienced UNDP people manager and will participate in a mentorship and transformative leadership development training program jointly developed by AUC and UNDP.
Key areas of work related to supporting:
- collection and analysis of information on SDGs and Agenda 2063
- SDG implementation and experimentation
- promising areas of innovation, South-South and Tri-lateral collaboration, partnerships and resource mobilization that accelerate UNDP’s program implementation
Must apply for World Health Organization Internship Program 2019
To be considered for the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- National of an AU Member State
- Aged below 34 years at the date of application
- Hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, or other relevant fields
- Maximum 1 year of working experience in research, analysis, and program/project development, implementation and management
- Available in 2019/20 to dedicate 12 months for a fellowship program and available to participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa from October 2019.
- Willing to live and work outside their country of residence
- Proficiency in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese) and working knowledge of English
- Understanding of, and interest in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Africa’s Agenda 2063
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, evaluating information accurately, analyzing and identifying key issues and solutions
- Initiative, client-orientation, and working in teams, and complex and time-pressured contexts, field experience in an African country
- Experience in developing technical proposals
- Leadership, innovation and technology and setting up networks/hubs/hangouts
HOW TO APPLY?
Your application must be in English and must include the following (to be scanned and uploaded as one document):
- A detailed CV
- A one-page motivation letter highlighting why you would be an outstanding candidate, your strengths and how your participation in the Programme would contribute to your future career
- A short essay of not more than 1,500 words (3 pages single spaced) detailing your innovative solution to a complex development problem – youth unemployment. Describe the nature of the problem, what are the underlying causes, who is responsible for solving this problem, what your innovative solution is and how you would implement it.
- Copies of your academic degrees
- 2 professional references
- The last date to apply for Fellowship 2019 is August 1, 2019.