Applications are invited for the Annemarie Schimmel Scholarship for Pakistani Female Students 2019 in the United Kingdom. The Scholarship is awarded to women only, for a Master’s degree at a recognized public university in the UK for one academic year (session starting Sept/Oct. 2019). It is awarded for academic studies in sciences and the traditional humanities and covers full tuition costs and living expenses.
The master’s scholarship is awarded for one academic year (session starting Sept/Oct. 2020) for a Master’s degree at recognized institutions of higher education in the UK. Doctoral candidates are not eligible. Female students from all over Pakistan can apply for Uk Scholarship 2019.
The Annemarie Schimmel Scholarship was established in honor of Professor Annemarie Schimmel to commemorate her great contribution to culture and poetry in Pakistan and her role as a dedicated woman scholar. It offers the opportunity to do post-graduate study in the United Kingdom to a woman who is committed to making a genuine contribution to her chosen field on her return to Pakistan.
- United Kingdom
- Master’s Degree
- One academic year (session starting Sept/Oct. 2020)
- Also apply, for DAAD Scholarship 2019 in Germany – Fully Funded
FIELDS OF STUDY:
- Selection will not be restricted to any subject.
- Preference will be given to traditional humanities or sciences and also to humanitarian fields, such as public health, special education, and ancillary medical fields, for example, physiotherapy and radiography.
- Studies in economic development, social sciences and modular courses in various disciplines will also be considered.
- Subjects excluded are journalism, business, management, and gender/women’s studies.
- Candidates wishing to pursue higher learning in areas related to Annemarie Schimmel’s scholarship on Islam are encouraged to apply.
- The course of study can be purely academic or could involve practical training. Prospective candidates are strongly urged to acquire basic computer literacy and word processing skills.
- It covers the full cost of tuition and basic living expenses.
Candidates will have to pay for Airfare.
- The Schimmel scholars will be chosen for their ability and commitment without discrimination as to religion, caste or creed. Candidates must have either a professional degree or they should have completed sixteen years of education in a relevant discipline.
- They must be citizens of Pakistan and have a declared intention to return and pursue a career in Pakistan.
- Those having a minimum of two-year professional work experience will be given preference.
- There is no restriction on age, but preference will be given to candidates between the ages of 25 and 40.
- A genuine need for financial assistance is an essential condition of the scholarship. The candidates must supply adequate evidence that they would not be able to study abroad without financial assistance.
- Candidates must bear the expenses of air travel. While not a requirement, preference will be given to those candidates who have secured admission to a programme of study at a recognized institution of their choice in the United Kingdom.
- In the absence of a sufficiently qualified candidate, the scholarship committee reserves the right to make no nomination.
- Candidates must have cleared their IELTS exam before appearing for the final interview held in November/December of the current year.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications are invited up to 7th June 2019, accompanied by ALL required documents. They must be submitted once and not in parts. Online, incomplete and late applications will not be entertained. An initial short-listing will be done according to the eligibility criteria mentioned.
A written test will be held for the short-listed candidates in October 2019. The test will be conducted simultaneously in Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad. The candidates will be able to select their center of choice in advance.
The test is general in nature, aiming to check the candidate’s aptitude and proficiency in English. It is not subject based and does not require any specific preparation.
Between five to ten candidates are selected for the final interview with the AMSS committee. The interview will be held in November/December 2019, at Lahore. The candidates are expected to bear their own travel expenses.
Please note that the selected scholar shall commence her studies in the academic year starting September 2020.
Applicants will be duly informed about the results by the coordinator.
- The last date to submit your application is 7th June 2019